Premium Vermiculite Thailand
Exfoliators Premium Vermiculite has been used extensively in horticultural applications (but not limited to); hydroponics, seedling germination, soil conditioning, storing of bulbs/cuttings and potting mixes. Exfoliators Premium Vermiculite is non-toxic and sterile, pH Neutral (7.0), it will not rot and it will not deteriorate as it is inorganic. Vermiculite is recognized as a medium with an excellent cation exchange rate of 90-125 milligrams equivalents per 100 grams, allowing the plant to have increased nutrients for healthier, stronger and rapid growth. Exfoliators Premium Vermiculite is also vermin proof, which will go on to prevent the loss of much needed nutrients of the plant.
Exfoliators Premium Vermiculite promotes much faster root growth. When mixed with other mediums, Vermiculite allows young plants fast development and securing of their root systems. It allows their young rooting systems to attain air, moisture and nutrients much easier than compared to much more dense potting mixes or ground soils.
Why Exfoliators Vermiculite is the best
Asbestos in Vermiculite
Some sources of Vermiculite are suspected to be contaminated with Asbestos.
Exfoliators source from South Africa (Palabora) the world’s highest quality deposit:
- Exfoliators have not seen any such contamination after buying from there since 1956.
- Exfoliators test every container of ore that they receive on-site and the product also tested prior to departure.
Particle Size Distribution
Exfoliators produce a very tight particle size distribution product, low in fines and low oversized product:
- This ensures growers see exacting results and have much more control when propagating.
- Fines will increase water retention as opposed to opening the mix.
Some sources are often quite broad and vary in their particle size distribution:
- Which results in the opposite to what I have mentioned above.
Conductivity and pH
- Being a natural mineral, the conductivity and pH of Vermiculite can vary from deposit to deposit.
- Exfoliators source is very stable and does not vary much, batch to batch, year to year.
- Some other sources are consistent, however, many brands have large swings from batch to batch. This is typically due to aggregating multiple sources into one single source.
- Different sources result in a highly variable particle structure and integrity.
- Exfoliators particular source has a strong structure and holds its form.
- Exfoliators have trialled other African sources, these don’t and tend to break up and create fines.
Cation Exchange Rate
- Exfoliators vermiculite source tends to have a much higher cation exchange capability than alternatives.
- This means in an open crop or a crop that is over-watered, vermiculite will hold onto the nutrients.
- With other vermiculite products, contaminate such as stone, which naturally comes through with the ore often ends up in the bag.
- Exfoliators remove any stone or under-expanded ore as it is un-useable.
- Overall, Exfoliators vermiculite purity tends to be much higher than global standards.
Exfoliators Vermiculite is certified to Australian Organic Standards and also ISO9001, ISO14001, ASNZ4801.